Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

It was such a great baptism..(2/27/17)

Emiljo's Baptism!!
This was such a great week! It is crazy though the weeks are just getting faster and faster it is nuts!! Anyways, so on Tuesday we had district meeting which was good.. Then we did a lot of street contacting which I really love doing.. It is weird. At the beginning of my mission I didn't like street contacting at all but now I love it! Especially here when we don't have that much time to do it.. whenever we find the time to do it I try to make the most of it because I love it so much! Especially here in Albania you see a lot of crazy things on the street. Like seriously, the people watching here is so funny! I love Albanians.
So we had lunch as a zone one day this week, and something super embarrassing happened to me. So as I was getting up I knocked over my glass and it shattered on the top and made like a super loud noise and everyone looked.. So I tried to grab it really fast and I sliced my thumb and it started bleeding everywhere so I didn't want to make it a big deal so I just grabbed a paper towel and just put it in my pocket so no one would see how much I was bleeding haha.. It was really dumb of me, but I am okay!! 
Me, Olsi, Emiljo, and Elder Rogers
Then the next day we did service for this guy in our word.. We helped clean up his yard and stuff. It was really fun! The weather is really warming up so it was like a beautiful day. But it was awesome because a few of our friends came to help with the service as well! Also, on the way back from the service there was this puppy in the middle of the road that was so cute!!! So we took about 30 minutes to stop and get it out of the road then went and bought it food and some water and stuff. It was definitely an effective use of our time. 
Service
Then later on this week we were teaching our friend Emiljo. We were kind of reviewing all of the lessons before his baptism. So we brought up a few of the commandments and there was one that he was kind of confused on the first time we taught it so we went over it again. He didn't fully understand until after we explained it to him and he was kind of surprised and said that it was going to be hard to live by. So we kind of discussing why it was important to live the commandments and stuff like that and you could tell he was kind of concerned about it. But then he stopped, and we were all silent for a second and he said "I probably won't be able to do it on my own. But I am not on my own. I know that I will be able to do it with Christ's help." And right when he said those words I felt the Spirit so strong in my heart and I know he did too. His faith is such a great example to me I am so grateful for it! 
A DOG I FOUND ON THE STREET TODAY
So later on in the week he was baptized and it was such a great baptism! He invited a few of his friends it was awesome. Then afterwards we went and bought crepes with him and some of the members then we went and had an activity at a senior couples house it was a ton of fun! 
So yeah that was pretty much it!! Really great week! Sunday was awesome too. Emiljo got the Gift of the Holy Ghost and it was really great! As well our other friend Olsi is getting called to be Sunday School teacher so we are really excited for that. The work here in Tirana is going great! 

Thank you all for your love and support! 

Elder Farni 


No comments:

Post a Comment