Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Gospel has no limits, nothing can restrict the spirit form bring brought to the people who are willing to receive it! -Elder Kaleb Farnworth (2/13/17)

With Olsi
 Since I gave Zac a shout out last week I thought I would give Kaleb one this week. Anyways, this week was super good!! We went to this place called Apoliona, it was super rad!! I guess the Apostle Paul visited it thousands of years ago or whatever. It was pretty cool! Then we went on an exchange this week in my old city, Fier. It was fun to be back! I saw some of the members there and this one guy called Bilbil that I was teaching while I was there and he is baptized now! It was amazed to see how much the Gift of the Holy Ghost really can change someone. But the exchange was fun. I was with my good friend from the MTC, Elder Cox. It was really good. 
Saw this poor little guy so I thought I'd write him a pick me up:)
Me on the keystone of an arch
Then we had this thing in Tirana that was like an award show for an art thing that the Stake was sponsoring? I don't really know what it was but the missionaries were put into a choir so we were there singing for it it was a lot of fun. 
Then on Saturday our friend Olsi got baptized! It was a great baptism. The Spirit was so strong! It was amazing. Then it was one of the senior missionary here's birthday so after the baptism we were planning on having a little party at his house for his birthday but then like everyone from the baptism came! They don't have that big of an apartment so it was packed! (and smelt like BO) ha but it was a lot of fun. 
Library in Apoliania
Okay now for a more Spiritual side of the email here is a really cool experience I had; About 4 weeks ago we were in church singing the song "I need the every hour" And the Spirit really made me feel the truthfulness of that song. It was kind of those moments where it all clicks, and I realized I DO need my Savior, every day, every hour, every second! I thought even though I am a missionary and I have the Holy Ghost that I still feel that I need him more and more in my life. Then it really hit me that it isn't just me that needs him, it is everyone! Every single person needs The Savior of the world every day, hour and second. So that night I prayed harder than I ever had before, and every day that week I would pray so much throughout the week that I could be closer to him and have His Spirit more. And I really was striving in every testimony to have the Spirit so that people could truly feel my testimony that they need the Savior every hour. So that was a really cool experience. Then last Saturday, Olsi at his baptism bore his testimony and he talked about how his first Sunday coming to church, (4 weeks ago) he heard the song "I need the every hour" And the Spirit powerfully testified to him the truthfulness of that song as well. Then he shared that he felt the same Spirit over and over as he read the Book of Mormon and met with us. It was a real testimony builder that the Spirit of the Lord reached out to both me and Olsi. He helped me to be ready and worthy to help Olsi feel the Spirit more, and He helped Olsi recognize it and know it is true. I am so grateful for the help the Spirit is in this work. I know without a doubt this is the work of the Lord. I know God cares about us so much and he knows and watches over each and every one of us. 
  
Really cool amphitheater
I think olive trees are so cool

Have a great week!! 
Elder Farni

P.S. This video is of an 80 year old senior missionary from New Zealand teaching our friends how to do the "haka"

No comments:

Post a Comment