Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I thought I was going to explode! (2/20/17)

This is a member. We call him "Gjyshi" which means Grandma. 
This week was pretty good! So on Tuesday we had District Meeting which is always fun. We have one of the largest districts in the mission and they are all so fun to be around ha. Then on Wednesday this new Sister flew in. She will be serving in Macedonia which is pretty exciting! So we helped her get all settled and stuff then we put her to work. It is always kind of weird when Macedonian missionaries come in because we try to have them work but like, they don't speak Albanian so they kind of just walk around with other missionaries and yeah. But anyways that day I thought I was going to explode. We had breakfast, then at like 2 we had lunch at KFC then at like 3:30 a member took us to eat and bought a bunch of food then we had dinner at Presidents house with the new missionary at like 6. All of the food was so good so I ate that day I just got home and thought I was going to explode! I really love the food here so much though. 
Frisbee Crew!!

Anyway then the next day we had a bunch of work to do in the morning to prepare for a training for the new Macedonian Sister and for all of the other trainees. So we gave the training and it went super well! At the beginning President had them read John 14 which is like the last supper and Jesus talking about the Spirit and stuff and yeah. So we talked about working in unity as a companionship and stuff then we did role plays and President started his training and was talking about all the role plays and stuff then like it all looped back around the the Holy Ghost and how important that is in our work and how it is the senior companion always. It is just so cool to work with President because in his training's he just 100% follows the Spirit and it all just goes so well and they are always so uplifting and Spiritual and stuff they are so cool! He is such a great man. 

This guy in Tirana made this sculpture and 
now is sending it to Thomas S Monson!
So after the training me and my companion had to pack up and go to a city called Lushnje to do an exchange! The exchange was pretty good. Lushnje is a really really small city.. it was kind of like my old area, Fier, but like ever smaller. We would go street contacting and stuff and just see the same old people over and over again ha it was crazy. It made me realize how grateful I am to serve in a big city like Tirana. When I got back to Tirana I was excited to go street contacting and find people because there are a huge variety of people it is awesome! I really love Tirana. 
Shqiponja!
So then on Saturday we went to the park to play football with some investigators and members... So many people showed up!!! It was awesome but also it was way too many people to play a game of soccer so we just had half of them play soccer and the other half played Frisbee. I was on the frisbee side. I love playing frisbee so much man it is so fun! 


Then on Sunday church was really good. We have a very small ward choir and we performed.. The choir director is this really old senior missionary lady and she scares me really bad haha. She is really sweet until it comes to choir then she will yell at you.
.. its scary. 

Anyway it was a great week! Bye!! 

Elder Farnworth 


No comments:

Post a Comment