Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Friday, December 4, 2015

I'm so excited to go to Albania, I'm dying here! (12/3/15)

This week was really really good! My goal for the week was to just work as hard as I can, at the end of the day I just feel warn out which is such a good feeling I love it. So hopefully I can keep that up. Sometimes it is hard because I will sometimes wake up and just be like "I hate everything!" So days like those it is hard to be motivated to work hard and stuff. But I am trying to keep a positive attitude:) 

Also, its crazy because after Monday we will be the oldest district in my zone so that is just nuts! I feel like I just got here haha. But we got new zone leaders and district and we decided we are going to start a revolution and overthrow them so, I will keep you posted on that!

On a more spiritual note, yesterday I had the most amazing experience ever. So every Wednesday we Skype with real Albanian members, and my comp had practice for this MTC Christmas choir thing so he couldn't come, so I had to teach ALONE. Which like, no one does. I was the first to do it and it was so scary! Then they like gave me like the meanest girl to teach, we have taught her before and all she does is correct your grammar and tell you that you suck at speaking Albanian and stuff. So I just said a prayer and hoped for the best. And right when she answered I just felt so much peace, and such a clear mind and I totally knew what to say. I asked her what the Gospel of Jesus Christ means to her, and she gave me such an amazing answer. She told me that she was only a convert of 2 years, and that she can tell such a huge difference from her life now than what her life used to be. But she told me that it was hard because she loves her family so much but no one in her family is LDS so at first they didn't like her going to church and stuff so that is hard. And she told me how she has to work 10 hours a day and how she has 3 callings in her branch and it is super stressful. 

So I shared with her some personal experiences, and how I didn't always have the strongest testimony and how much better it is to be close with the Lord. I also told her how my family has been blessed, even though I am on a mission they have had blessings from it. And that I know as she serves the Lord and has faith that she and her family will be blessed, even though they aren't members. And I told her how happy God is with her for her faithfulness and willingness to serve and the spirit was so strong. Then I was about to end it but I got an impression to read to her Helaman 5:12, so I did. And I was scared because last time I tried to read a scripture with her she just laughed at me because I didn't have that good of Albanian and it kind of ruined the spirit. But this time, I was reading it and she didn't laugh, or say anything to correct my Albanian or anything, and when I was done reading and I looked up she had tears in her eyes and she just said thank you so much I needed this you are such a good missionary. The Spirit was so strong I was holding back tears. It was amazing!!! I am so excited to go to Albania, I am dying here. 

Anyway I love you all, Hope you have a fantastic week!! 


-Elder Farnworth
The Christmas lights are so amazing!!


Got this cute Pez dispenser in a package from Abby, love it!

An Elder fell asleep during class so I had to have some fun with him.

This guy tried to draw us...spot on right?

No comments:

Post a Comment