Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Saturday, November 28, 2015

This week was sick #MTCfamousThanksgiving (11/27/15)

This week was sick... because I was sick. It sucked but whatever, it was a nice though because I got to miss some classes and sleep:) So on Sunday, we had a devotional and whenever we have this guy speak to us we call it the "roast" because he is kind of aggressive and he makes you feel guilty for every sin you have ever done. Anyway, He asks for volunteers to read a scripture for him (and this place is like the conference center, it has projectors in the front and cameras and everything) So he asks my comp to read a scripture and he gets up to read it, the cameras are on him and so are the eyes of 1500 missionaries.  He asks him what his name is and where he's from/where he's going. So my comp starts to talk and the speaker stops him and says "Are you even speaking English? We need a translator, where is your companion?' (because he couldn't understand his heavy British accent) So I had to get up, and the guy was like "Please tell me you're an American" and I was like yes I am from Draper Utah and everyone was laughing and stuff. Then he asked me to translate what my comp has been saying in "proper English" So I tease him about his accent too in front of everyone then the speaker just kept ripping on him the whole talk so everyone called it "The Roast of Elder Samuel" hahaha it was so funny. The MTC president came up to him after and made sure he was alright and stuff it was hilarious. Now everyone knows our names and soooo many kids are like "You're from Draper? Do you know so and so?" its funny. so yeah, everyone knows us. we are MTC famous. ðŸ˜Ž
Matching missionaries

Jacob and his District Leader from Cali
So that was a fun start to the week. But then I got pretty sick and I didn't have a voice at all on Tuesday, so that was rough. I have this friend that is going to Canada, and I told her I was sick so she gave me a ton of drugs like Niquil, Dayquil, Asprin, this crazy nose and throat stuff that's from Paris or something. And I took it all and it helped me a ton! But yeah, leave it to me to find a drug dealer in the MTC ðŸ˜ˆðŸ˜‰
  
On a more spiritual note, this week was really good too! We committed all of our fake investigators to be baptized and they all said yes, first try! Haha it was super rad. My goal from last week was to recognize the Spirit and ACT on it. And I really feel like I have been and it has been amazing! Oh, and I got asked to teach a lesson in Priesthood meeting about recognizing the Spirit so that is pretty cool haha. The Lord works in mysterious but awesome ways! Albanian is hard though. Some days i'm like 'I am never going to understand this!' But whatevs, we'll see I guess. On Wednesday we skyped with Albanians again and my voice was kind of back but it would crack every other word. So the Albanians were laughing at me and I thought they were laughing because I was getting my grammar wrong or something so I was like what are you laughing at? And they just said "your voice!!!" lol. Albs are very VERY straight forward it is hilarious. I was embarrassed but I did better than Elder Franks haha he accidentally said the F word in Albanian to an Albanian over Skype ðŸ˜‚🙊 It was funny. And then there was this other companionship that said there lady they were talking to kept saying "Can I talk to Elder Farnworth? I love him" LOL so that made me happy :)
My tag*
Thanksgiving Selfie with my District

Thanksgiving Outfits

Sisters in the MTC dress to match floral ties


THANKSGIVING was so good :) I loved it. I wasn't feeling that sick, so I knew it was going to be a really good day haha :) In the morning, we listened to Dallin H Oaks talk and he talked about how trials make us stronger and I absolutely loved it. Then him and his family sang and it was awful haha. But we sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" And it made me think how my that is the Farnworth's family song and it made me miss you guys. Plus there was this girl singing by me that sounded like Grandma Farnworth haha, I absolutely loved it :) Then we had our big Thanksgiving lunch so that the workers could be home with family for dinner, but the lunch was great! It was nice to have like pretty good food for a change. Then we went to another devotional which was alt... just kidding I was literally asleep the entire time. #ThanksgivingNap Then we watched 17 Miracles which was good. 
Service Project in the MTC-We had to wear hairnets.

Making meal kits for families. The hairnets
are a throwback to my days at Wasatch.














Then we did service which was insane! We had 1200 missionaries make 350,000 Thanksgiving meals! It was so amazing!! Then we had dinner (it was just PB and J sandwich and stuff) but I gathered our zone, and got like bed sheets and put them on the desks and made it like fancy! And I put my Ipod on classy music,it was a lot of fun. Then we went to another devotional and it was so spiritual! it was all about giving thanks for different aspects of the church, and like family, and music, and talents, and other good stuff like that! It was great!! And then they unveiled all of the Christmas lights its so pretty :) I have pictures. 
Christmas lights at the MTC!

Love my easy mac! (Sent in a "made it 1/2 way in the MTC
package)
So yeah, this week was superb. I loved it! I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord! And for my MTC drug dealer ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‚ And I'm grateful for the love and support I have. I got 3 packages this week!!! One from Family, One from Abby, and one from the Ward. I am truly blessed with such amazing people in my life. :) I love you all!!! Have an amazing week!!
 Love,
-Elder Farnworth ðŸ˜š

The mission is stressful so I turned to the bottle!
(This came in "I made it 1/2 way" package).

Celebrating with Martinelli's...

Jacob's a bit dramatic;)

No comments:

Post a Comment