Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Lord is helping me learn Albanian (12/10/15)

You know you've been here a long time when some random person says to you "You're still here?" Ha. This week was great though, it was probably the fastest week of the whole MTC, so I cant really remember everything about it. But it was a good one! I am super happy here and I love the Spirit that I constantly feel here. My teachers tell me I need to stop acting like I am in prison haha, so I guess that can just be one of my goals for next week! ;)

Abby sent me some festive socks in a package :)
My lessons went good, all of my "investigators" got "baptized" so I don't know what we are going to do now.. probably just get new ones. But I had a really cool experience in one of my lessons: So before we go into a lesson me and my comp say a prayer, so I was saying a prayer and I normally say like "please bless that we can have the gift of tongues" but I totally forgot to ask for it in this prayer. So when we get into the lesson, our investigator starts asking questions that she has about the Book of Mormon, and my mind was just completely blank I could not speak Albanian. So I realized that it was because I didn't ask for the gift of tongues!! It was like Wallus and Grammet, "CRACKERS GRAMMET! WE FORGOT THE CRACKERS" Lol so while my comp was talking, I quickly said a prayer and asked for it, then right after I felt like I was back in the swing of things and was talking really well. It was a nice little tender mercy and a good realization of how much I need to rely on God's help for me to learn this language. If you think about it, God speaks perfect Albanian. He knows more Albanian than my teachers or any of the books I have about Albanian. So why wouldn't I look for him to help me learn it? I really have Him to thank for the progress I have been making. 
Last picture of my old zone! 

So yeah, that was one of my spiritual experiences of the week :) Thanks for the support and love :) Love you all!! Have a fantastic week!

Also I really like this quote: "The biggest enemy of 'perfection' is 'pretty good.' "

-Elder Farnuërth


No comments:

Post a Comment