Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Friday, November 13, 2015

The gift of tongues is real...(11/12/15)

This week was really cool, I was finally getting into the swing of everything and am getting used to being a missionary,ha. On Friday I told my companion that we were gonna do the lesson without any notes or anything to help us with Albanian, we were just gonna go for it. I think he was pretty nervous ha but when we were teaching I just knew exactly what to say and it was amazing!! My comp was pretty quiet and nervous to talk, but it was like I was fluent in Albanian! At least to me it sounded like i was, i was probably far from fluent to an Albanian, lol. Then we have been doing all of our lessons without notes and they have been going so well. The gift of tongues is real!!! 

I saw Elder Morrison witch was cool, he seems like he is doing alright. And I am really getting along with a lot of people in my district. Wednesday was amazing, in the morning we skyped with a real Albanian and it was so funny. I was like saying a lot of the stuff that I knew very well and it sounded good and she said, "Wow you have very good Albanian" then she asked me questions and stuff.  I started getting choppy and stuff and she said "never mind." But she was so funny and nice, I am so stoked to go to Albania they all just seem super nice and I can tell I am just going to get along with them so well!!!

Anyways, I really bonded with my teachers, I sat down and talked with one of them and he told me that I was his favorite, and that he is really impressed with how fast I am picking up the language. He is so nice! Then my other teacher told me that she loves the way I teach, that it is very simple and it makes sense and my wording is beautiful (she is one of the fake investigators that I teach as well) 

So yeah, this week really built my confidence, and my faith in God. When I first got into the MTC people told me about how God will bless you with the "Gift of Tongues" and I was kind of like yeah right, I need to just work at it and I will get it! But it's true, the gift of tongues is real and as I grow closer to my Heavenly Father the more he helps me understand the language more. its amazing, the Church is true yo.

Love you all,
Elder Farnworth
 
 

First Annual "Scarf Friday" was a success.

This is our "Basic White Girl Fall Photoshoot"

No comments:

Post a Comment