Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I have a son! (9/4/17)

Bye Elder Samuel
This week was great!! Bitter sweet.. but definitely more sweet! So on Tuesday we went to Tirana to take Elder Samuel home! He was just going around saying goodbye to members and doing a bunch of different stuff and stuff so I was just tagging along with him. Then the mission president let me come to his exit dinner with him! It was so much fun but it was really weird.. Then on Wednesday we took him to the airport and that was that! Him and Elder Cox are home.. super weird that I was like in the MTC with them now they are home. I will be shortly following them! It was really sad to see them both go I will miss them a ton. 

Okay so that was the bitter side of it, but here is the sweet side.. I am finally able to train! My first time my whole mission.. better late than never! So I got put with an Elder named Elder Miller! My second time serving with an "Elder Miller" haha. He is so cool! He is from Roy Utah. And me and him get along really well! We have a lot in common and stuff. I am so excited to be able to finish my mission serving with him! He calls me dad all the time haha I love it, he is so awesome.

Me and Elder Miller
So we didn't get back to Pogradec until Thursday night but it was cool cuz right when we got back we had a bunch of lessons with our friends.. We had one lesson with this couple and randomly in the middle of the lesson they were like, we really want to get baptized in this church as a couple!! I was like okay!! Ha it was so awesome and such a miracle because last time we invited her to be baptized she said no.. But now that we are teaching both of them I guess they feel a lot more open to it when they are learning together as a couple. It was awesome! I am excited to teach continue to teach them and hopefully they will be able to prepare for their baptism date! 
So I kind of feel bad for Elder Miller... His first couple days he has had to deal with a lot of crap with the members haha. We have had a few members get really offended and come in the church like screaming at the missionaries and stuff then another member came on Sunday getting mad at us for not giving him money.. Ha but maybe that is why is here! To be able to help these members get over stuff like this. He actually handled it really well! We went over to the 2 offended members on Sunday and he led the Spiritual though with them and they yelled a little bit but by the end of it they were okay again and they were really happy with the missionaries again! I was like good job son!! 

Also, one other crazy thing to mention.. so there is this place here that has way good pizza and crepes and they just randomly decided to hate on us because we are Christian!! They always like glare and stuff.. So today we tried to go and eat there and he like wouldn't let us! And I was like why not and he started talking crap on us and stuff.. It was dumb. So I was like fine! I don't even want your pizza or your crepes! (When really I was like dang it those crepes were good) But I am still so happy to be a disciple of Christ!! 
Things are going great!! Only 5 more weeks! Crazy! I am definitely going to work my hardest these next 5 weeks but I am excited to get home and see my fam especially my niece and all of my brothers new puppies!!!!!!!


Elder Farnworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment