Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Olsi gets the Melchizedek Priesthood! (9/11/17)

Me and son when and bought a blender and made Oreo McFlurries 
Another week in the books! Each week is going by crazy fast. Time just flies here! It has been good though. So me and my companion, Elder Miller, have just been working like crazy!! We don't have that many people that we are currently teaching right now so we are just doing a lot of finding! We have been on the streets a lot, and since summer has ended there have not been a lot of people out! So we have just been walking a bunch trying to find people! It is great and especially great learning experience for my trainee. He is doing amazing and is already so great at the language and really confident which is great! I couldn't have asked for a better companion to finish my mission with!

So we have been teaching this couple for a while, named Virgjinia and Konstintin, they are so awesome. They have been coming to church for a while but haven't really been progressing a ton until lately! We have had some amazing lessons with them. They have really plunged themselves in the Gospel and are super excited to get baptized and to become members in this church! This week we really helped them see the big picture of not only getting baptized, but also being able to go to the temple and be sealed for time and eternity! They are really excited to work towards baptism then strive spiritually and financially to go to the temple! I am so grateful that I am here and have this opportunity to tell these people about all of these great things!! I love missionary work!
Typical Albanian Village!
So another thing that was really cool about this week was that we had Stake Conference on Sunday!! It was so awesome to get together with all of the members from Albania and Kosovo for the last time! It was so weird that I was saying goodbye to most of them. I loved it there because I was able to see all of the wonderful friends I have made over the past 2 years! I am going to miss them all so so much. 

Also another really awesome thing that happened this week was that my recent convert, Olsi, got the Melchizedek Priesthood! He asked me to give it to him, which was a really special experience for both of us! I am so grateful for him and for his great faith. He is such a great example for me!! I am really grateful for the opportunity that I have had to meet him and teach him and see him grow into the great man that he is now! I know that he is going to go on to do great things (including serving a mission) Love you Olsi!! 

I am grateful for this time that I have to serve in Pogradec, it is such a special city! The members here are awesome. The work here is going great! Only good things to say about these last weeks of my mission!

Love you all,


Elder Farnworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment