Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Busy Busy Busy!! (8/28/17)

The Cela's baptism!!
Man this week was really busy but we got so much done! So on Monday we got the Cela's married! It was so awesome! I think I talked about it last week though but it was really really special. Then on Wednesday they were baptized and confirmed! It was such an amazing baptism. They wanted to do it at night in the lake so that they could do it under the stars.. it was amazing! So right after they were both baptized and stuff we were all kind of hugging them and congratulating them and stuff and then we all just looked up and it was full of stars it was so pretty! Definitely a moment I will not forget and they were both really emotional it was a very special moment. Then after wards we confirmed them at the church which was special, we normally don't do that, but because they are left to Greece a few days later our mission president let us! It was a really really special day. 

So we have also been teaching this kid named Enea.. he is actually the twin brother of one of the members named. We have been teaching him for a while but last week he came to us and told us that he doesn't really feel ready for baptism and that he doesn't really feel like it is something he has to do so we were kind of bummed about that.. But we told him to just keep reading and praying and he will find his answer! So he came to the Cela's baptism and before we went into another room with him and had him say a prayer asking to know if this church was true or not and if baptism was something that he needed to do.. So he did and that was that.. nothing too special happened that day and we were kind of just planning on how else we could help him. So on Friday night we put together a "movie night" with our English Course and the members and some of our investigators. We watched the long film about Joseph Smith and stuff which was awesome they all loved it! And after the film Enea came over to me and was like "I got an answer to my prayer.. I want to be baptized and I want to before Elder Samuel leaves!" (Elder Samuel leaves on Tuesday) so we were like okay! And so we got him interviewed and ready and we baptized him on Saturday! It was sick! He wanted to be baptized at night in the lake as well so that is what we did. It was really really special!! 3 baptisms in one week it was amazing!! 



So as I have mentioned before this was Elder Samuel's last week! It was a really good way to end his mission I would say! I am going to miss him so much it has been so much fun to be with him his last 6 weeks of his mission! He has been such a great example for me and I have learned a lot from him. It is going to be hard seeing him go home! But president called me and told me that for my last 6 weeks I will be training a new missionary! So I am looking forward to that new challenge next week. 
It is going to be great! 

Have a great week! 
Also, if you want to see me on Albanian TV here is a link :) 

Elder Farny




No comments:

Post a Comment