Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Siesta Schedule! (5/22/17)

Okay so first off, this week was really cool because our President wanted me and my comp to try out the "Siesta Schedule!" It is pretty much where we stay outside at night and extra hour, and go to bed an extra hour (so stay outside til 10 or 10:30 and go to bed at 11:30) Then right after lunch we are to take a nap to make up for the hour of sleep that we lost. It was really cool! It was actually loads of fun to be outside like late at night.. Tirana gets pretty exciting late at night! There are a lot of drunk people and stuff it is pretty funny I guess. I don't know we will see if our President wants to keep going with this schedule or not. 
Random picture of us donating clothes to the Albanian version of the DI 
Anyway so it was just a usual week, we were able to start teaching this new guy named Deni, he is such a stud!! He is so funny and loves hanging out with us. He also loves the church and stuff it was a huge blessing that we found him! And we have a few other people that we are working with it is going great! I just love the work. My time in Tirana is probably coming to an end in June 7th. Which means my time working in the office and with President will be wrapping up as well! It is kind of bitter sweet. But I am really excited to get back out on the streets as a normal missionary especially because I have been in leadership for about 11 months so now I can just put myself fully back in the work and apply what I have learned this whole time :) 
So at the end of the week we played basketball and it was so much fun! A couple of us missionaries with some members just put a little team together and we were running the court it was so much fun! I love being able to play basketball. I mean, these last few months I have been really getting into soccer but coming back to basketball has made me realize that basketball is way better than soccer.. sorry Europe ;) But the basketball games were a lot of fun. Albanians are really passionate about sports but they are not really that good at basketball.. It is fun like they get competitive so it is an interesting game but like we just win every time it is fun.
Then the next day we played soccer with some of our other friends! It was really good. The weather in Tirana is just beautiful right now I love it so much! It is perfect weather for all of the sports so it was a ton of fun! Then we had a baptism which was good, then we drove out to this really pretty area right out side of Tirana, to have a Priesthood activity! It was loads of fun. We went to this really nice restaurant it was so much fun! There was like a wedding taking place in the back yard of the restaurant which was cool but it was really fancy! Anyway so we have like a super amazing lesson with all of the Priesthood (who are kind of all less active one way or another) And we really felt the Spirit and were all sharing out testimony and kind of recommitting one and another to start coming to church and stuff it was really great! I was pretty excited about church the next day!!.. Theeeeeeeeen none of them came hahaaha. Not even the active ones ha I was like dang it I thought the activity was good!! Haha but I guess thats just missionary work for you!! 
Anyway the work is still great. I love it so much here really. Albania is the best country in the world!! I hope that you have the best week ever :) 

Elder Farnworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment