Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Tender Mercies of the Lord (5/29/17)


#Sundayselfie
This week was really busy but really great!! Okay so at the beginning of the week we had District Meeting which was fun as always. We like talk about all of our investigators and all of the people that we are working with and stuff and write them up on the board. So after we wrote them all on the board I said "You know what I think we need to focus on as missionaries? Yeah its great to baptize people, but what if we married people!" So that led to us taking all of the names we wrote up on the board and matching them with each other, who would be a good match for each other you know? Anyway so that took up a lot of time but now it is so on! We are going to try to get our investigators to either date other investigators or members. We call it Tirana 4th Ward Tinder. It is going to be great. 
This picture was taken a few days before I broke those glasses...
 Good there they were my cheap ones! 
Anyway then the next day we had MLC, it was fun. It was our Mission Presidents last MLC so that was pretty sad! (It was also my last MLC but who cares you know) But my Mission President got up and was just talking about how he is not excited to go home and work a normal job for something that doesn't matter as much as this work does. man he is such a great guy! I am going to miss him so much it is going to be so hard to see him leave! 
Anyway so then the next couple days were a blur.. we were just so dang busy it seemed like we had one thing to do after another! I was able to go on an exchange with Elder Cox from my MTC group. He is one of the brits you know? He is such a cool guy, I cant believe I have known him for 19 months now! It feels like yesterday I was meeting him for the first time in the MTC. Time is so weird! But the exchange was fun we were able to go and help translate for some people at a orphanage so that was fun. It was great to be with him! Also while I was driving him back to his area, I got pulled over by this girl cop who had pulled over Elder Cox just a week before but let him off with a warning.. so she pulls me over and sees him and was like "I let you off with a warning last time and you speed again?" But I was like yoooo you gave HIM a warning last time.. not me. So like.. Then she kind of laughed and ended up letting us off with a warning *dab* Anyway it was cool.
Me playing basketball this morning.
Then the next day was more normal.. We have been organizing a few gifts to give our Mission President at Mission Conference so other than doing that we were just able to street contact and stuff. It was funny actually while I was in Tirana I got pulled over AGAIN, the day after I got pulled over by that girl.. But I talked my way out of the ticket again. *dab* I think that is my 15th and 16th time being pulled over on my mission but still have never gotten a ticket! 
Okay so now for a spiritual side, this week we had a HUGE miracle happen. Okay so a couple weeks ago we played basketball with these kids, and one of them was named Jorgo and he was a super cool kid. Me and him were getting along really really well. So anyway we leave basketball and I completely forget to get his number or give him a pass-along card or anything. (Crappy missionary, I know) Anyway so after I was like feeling super guilty and I prayed that somehow we would be able to meet him again. Keep in mind there are a million people that live in Tirana.. Anyway so a couple weeks pass by and we are walking to our usual contact spot but I realize I forgot my Book of Mormon in the car, so I go back to the car and grab it, then after I get it me and my comp both feel we should go somewhere else contacting, so we go the completely opposite direction and start walking for a while. After a while we turn the corner and BAM! There is Jorgo! He was like "Hey guys what is up!!" And was super excited to see us it was awesome. We were able to get his number and he is excited to start learning about our church and said he wants to come to church next Sunday! It was a huge blessing I was so grateful for it. Anyway I love my mission. I am going to be out here forever so don't ever think that I am going to come home soon sorry ;)  

Loves,
Elder Farnworth



No comments:

Post a Comment