Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Mexican Crepes in Albania (5/15/17)

So this week was pretty good. It was a pretty quiet week I guess not really much that went on. So at the beginning of the week there was a new senior couple that came in.. They were really nice! They kind of seemed overwhelmed about coming into Albania but they were really cool. Ok so kind of a side note, as a missionary in Albania you kind of get accustom to strange things. So, there are these delicious "Mexican" flavored Crepes that they sell right below our house.. So I was talking about that with our mission president and the new senior couple steps in and says "A Mexican Crepe in Albania?! That sounds wrong." Ha so needless to say I was HAPPY to show them where the place was and to enjoy a crepe with them. I think it got their approval haha. They are SO GOOD. 
Shout out to my comp's girlfriend for getting me an Easter egg :) 
The rest of the week was kind of just boring. We were doing a lot of street contacting which was good. It is getting SO hot though! It is starting to get like California weather here hot and humid ha it is nice though. We have been trying to work hard here but the area is kind of slow right now. We have a few friends we are working with though which is good. I spent a really long time writing a bunch of life's questions and how the Book of Mormon can answer them and stuff and I filled up the front 2 blank pages of a Book of Mormon, and I was all excited to use it then I go up to this guy and invite him to read one of the scriptures that answers a question and he looks at it and says "You are wasting your time here, go back to America." And I was like.... great.... hahaha but it was actually pretty successful a lot of people thought that it was really cool! 
During the meet we met this member who is like really old but really funny hahaha and he was telling us how the Stake tried to give him a calling and he was like "Why would I take a calling? I am anti-communist and pro-America!" HAhahahaha I was dying so much ha he is such a funny guy he always talks about politics to us and we are just like "you know we can't talk about politics as missionaries right?" But he just likes talking to us haha. 
This kid is a stud!
We also had an activity this week where we were doing Albanian traditional line dancing it was loads of fun! I am getting SO GOOD at Albanian dancing like I can hit all of the steps. I am excited to get home and teach you all of it ;) 
So at the end of the week we looked at our numbers and they were... not so hot to say the least so we were like well lets just hope for a miracle on Sunday! And we definitely got one. Church was so great! We had this investigator come and bring his mom and she loved it and invited us to come to their house this week to teach their family! We also had some other random people come that we met while street contacting and we were able to invite them to meet with us so that was a really cool blessing of the Lord! 
Oh yeah and also I Skyped some people on Sunday night it was pretty good I guess. ;) 

Love you so much family you are the best!!!! 
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MUM! 

Elder Farnworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment