Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

This week I had my Birthday, it was a great Birthday! (6/19/17)

This week was really good!! We were really working really hard and we were able to see our labors pay off!! So at the beginning of the week we met this father and son that are two really funny people.. The father is pretty old but really respectful and his son is literally a 50 year old living in an 11 year old's body he is hilarious. They were really nice and I could tell that the dad really cared a lot about his son and that he wanted what he thinks is best for him. We really centered our message on families and showed how the Book of Mormon can be a guide for families and can bless our families. I just love talking to people about families! 

We were able to find a lot of people this week to teach it was really great!! We met some really cool people. Pogradec is like a party at night it is a really small city that is right on the edge of the city right next to a big lake.. and every night they have like super loud music playing so you can hear it like all over the city and it is just really alive and a lot of people to talk to! It is awesome plus we like contact right on the coast of the beautiful lake.. it reminds me of a small town in California with really small beaches it is so pretty!!
Jacob turns 20 on June 16th!!  Happy Birthday Elder Farnworth:)

Also this week I had my birthday! It was a great birthday.. It is always pretty special to celebrate a birthday on the mission! It is really really unique experience. So for my birthday lunch we ate this fish call the Koran... it is a rare fish that is only found in Lake Ohrid (the lake next to Pogradec) And it is found in some other random lake in Russia or something. It was a really yummy fish though! Pretty dang expensive though.. Then on my birthday we had a few really great lessons including one where I was able to testify to a guy who had lost his father that he would be able to see his father again some day. He was amazing at that but I made him the promised and he believed it. I was able to see a lot of hope in his eyes and it was a very great Birthday present that I was blessed to have! 


A month late, but a pic of skyping with Jacob on Mother's Day!!
So at the end of the week we went to Tirana for this celebration of 25 years of missionary work in Tirana! It was really great. Some of the first missionaries that ever served in Albania came to it, it was really cool to meet them!! It was also cool to be back in Tirana for a day and to see all of my old friends and some of the members. I miss it there!!
Church is always an adventure here. It is pretty much the missionaries running the show it was so exciting! I love this area and I am so happy to be serving here. The members are awesome and the work is just going so great. I love it here! Anyway I hope that you all have the best week ever. 

Love you all!! 

Elder Farny

No comments:

Post a Comment