Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Sunday, January 15, 2017

2017! (1/2/17)

Walking down creepy allies doesn't scare me anymore.

Wow! I cannot believe that it is already 2017. Time flies! It is weird to think that I spent all of 2016 in Albania/Kosovo. And it is even weirder to think that I will be going home in 2017! Like what?! So crazy. Anyway. This week was really good! We weren't that busy and we were able to get a lot of work down in our area so that was nice. We ended up doing a lot of street contacting. There were some days where I was freezing! 



I feel like I constantly need to be wearing a jacket or else I am shivering. And it isn't even that cold! Humidity is just a killer. But it has been alright. 


Bundled Up
So New Years here gets pretty interesting. Everybody gets fireworks and they go crazy! Just throughout the month of December you hear a lot of loud bangs and stuff because people are lighting fire works randomly throughout the day. But New Years day we had to be inside at 4 pm because it is dangerous to be outside.. But it was fun! We just watched movies all day. My missionary mind kicked in and I thought "I don't know if I will be able to watch movies for 8 hours straight..." But then I remembered that I would literally watch Netflix for about 8 hours straight every day my senior year of high school... oops. 

Ha but it was great! My President let us watch Star Wars 7, which was exciting because I was in the MTC for it when it came out last year. It was so great. And yeah we just watched a couple other movies and yeah it was great! Then at midnight I watched the fireworks. 
They were
Star Wars!!
really cool. There were some Elders in my district that told me that some people saw them on their balcony and pointed the fireworks towards them and shot them! They didn't hit them and there was no damage done, but still pretty crazy. I am lucky that didn't happen to me/I kind of wanted that to happen to me because that would be funny. Anyway it has been great here! 

Happy New Years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment