Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Albanian Funeral (5/17/16)

This is a look out from where he was buried
All of our english course flyers!
This was a really crazy week!  I will just get right into it, so on Friday we got a call that a member of our branch died. He was pretty old and pretty sick but I thought that he was going to have a little more time so it was sad that it happened like that. So Albanian tradition is to have the funeral ASAP so the funeral was held the next day. It was in such a pretty place in the middle of the forest. The funeral was really good! We were able to meet some really nice people, and I guess he requested to have an American Flag on his casket so there was one just because he loved America! He was such a cool guy. Then when they were starting to bury him someone handed me a shovel and said that it would mean a lot if an American helped bury him so I got the shovel and helped! It was pretty weird but cool at the same time I guess? 

This is the little building that we meet at at the Military Base!

Anyways, another fun thing that we do here is advertise our English Course to people. I guess it is just us making it fun but still it is pretty fun. We get like a crap load of flyers for it and we hand it out in the coolest ways to people. Like I hand it to people in cars that are driving by or through cracks in walls it is pretty funny. (Probably not funny to you normal people, but us missionaries do what we need to to be entertained) 

We also were able to go to the US base again this week and eat Taco Bell again. I just thought that needed to be mentioned as well. 
Anyway I love you all! 
Farnworth out!
The Military Base

Military Base




No comments:

Post a Comment