Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Sunday, July 9, 2017

New Mission President! (7/3/17)

This week was pretty good! It was pretty slow at the beginning of the week but it really picked up during the weekend. Anyway this week we went on exchanges with our Zone Leaders which was fun! I was with this Elder that was in my MTC group so that was fun. It is just so weird to think how far away the MTC was... Like a year and a half ago like what?? So crazy how fast time is flying by. I love it out here!! But we did great we have been doing a lot of "table-ing" which is basically like setting up a table with a bunch of stuff then we have a big poster and then talk to people! It is actually pretty successful here so we have been doing it a lot. So it was a fun exchange! We pretty much just did that ha. The only not fun part about the exchange was that we were 4 Elder's sharing 1 shower ha so that was pretty crappy. But I guess cold showers are alright because it is getting hot here!! My area I think is like the coolest area in the mission though because it has like a really nice breeze from the lake so I am loving that! 

Me and President and Sister Anderson! 
So our new Mission President got here this week!! He arrived on Wednesday I think. Right off the bat he went on a mission tour with the AP's to meet all of the missionaries. He came to Pogradec this last weekend as his first area to visit and first place to go to church at! It was cool he got here in Pogradec Saturday and we had a little get to know you meeting and stuff then we played volleyball with investigators, members, and President and Sister Anderson! It was so much fun he is such a cool guy. We also were able to find 3 new investigators from playing volleyball and 2 of them came to church the next day and accepted dates to get baptized! So that was pretty cool. But yeah it was really cool to be able to spend time with the new President. 

So on Sunday it was pretty special.. It was my first fast and testimony meeting in Pogradec and because the new mission President was there a bunch of members came... It was the most people I have seen at church here! (18) It was really cool! A really powerful meeting the members gave really great testimonies and stuff. It was really cool! Then President Anderson got up and at first I was translating for him then he was like "Thank you Elder, you can sit down" then he just starts giving his testimony in Albanian!! It was so cool and so spiritual! 

Me and my old comp, Elder Miller! 
So during 2nd hour of church I get this call from this random guy and he was like "Hey we are at the church, come outside and welcome us in" So I go outside and there was this older really sweet couple out there and the lady is like "do you remember me?" I was like uuuuuh no.. Ha so we were kind of just talking and we went to Sunday school and stuff then I remembered who it was! So like 3 weeks ago I saw that girl walking with a bunch of bags and I offered to help her and just walked for like a hundred feet with her bags and then gave her a pass along card and I totally forgot about it ha but she came to church last Sunday! It was cool! Blessings of service.. And they both want to learn more about the church so that is great!! Blessings on blessings


So we are working with this new kid named Enea.. we actually found him last P-day while we were playing basketball on the beach he came and started playing with us.. He is so sick! We had a lesson with him on Saturday then he came to church Sunday then we had a great lesson after church with him. He is an amazing kid! He is like 16 and like bigger than me and almost as tall as me (which is not very normal) but he is great. He was saying how he just feels something special when we meet and he felt it really strong at church and he was like saying he knows he needs to get baptized and follow Christ. At one point I read Alma 7:11-13 with him and testified of Christ and stuff then he was like "See right now I feel it! That is the feeling I love!" Then he kept the Book of Mormon open to that page and he was just like "I normally hate reading but I am so excited to read this book." It was just such a cool lesson! But the cool thing is is he plays for Pogradec basketball team and he invited us to come and practice with him and the team so we did that this morning! It was way fun we like did scrimmages and stuff it was my first time playing in an indoor basketball court for a year and a half. It was super dope. 

Anyway I love the work so much it is going so great! Have a great week!! 
Elder Farny

No comments:

Post a Comment