Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Thursday, April 27, 2017

I finished my mission! (4/17/17)

That's what I would say if I were a Sister Missionary. So crazy!! Tomorrow Sister Willey, the sister from my MTC group, is going home!! Like what the heck?? I don't feel like I have been here that long but at the same time I do! (cliche missionary thing to say I know, moving on.) 

I didn't take any pics this week so this is a selfie by my computer.
Anyway this week was great! So at the beginning of the week we went to Elbasan for a Zone Conference and it was so great! It was cool to be apart of the conference with the zone that I used to be zone leader over! All the missionaries there are killing it they do such a great job. But yeah the conference went great but it was just so looooong like it was crazy. Sometimes I just feel like I am in long meeting after long meeting which is exhausting but I love it so much! Every time I grow so much Spiritually which has really helped me so much. 

So then the next day we had District Meeting, which was really good, but again, meetings meetings meetings. Then we were just doing some street contacting and stuff then had another meeting with our President for the upcoming transfer! It was a good meeting though I little meetings with our President because he is just such a Spiritual man! But yeah then the second half of our week wasn't as busy.. we had more time to street contact. We put together a little missionary fireside for our friends and it was really good!! Like, 70 people came to it which is like more than we normally have in church so that was super dope! 

This week we did a lot of street contacting.. And it is starting to get sunny outside so it is hard to get motivated. During one of my personal studies I got the idea to start off every street contact with a question so I would ask everyone I stopped "What is the most important thing in your life?" And it was so cool, because everyone would say Family! Every single person did it was awesome. So I would just tie it into how the Gospel blesses families and it was amazing! Just being able to testify about that over and over again was such a great experience! Made me remember how important my family is to me! I love them all so much!!

Okay so at the end of the week we put together an Easter activity at the park and we did an Easter egg hunt which was so fun haha but there is this crazy lady in our ward that like participated and while we were hiding the eggs she kept trying to like cheat and look where were were hiding them and I was like Sister Hansi you cant cheat! (keep in mind she is like 60 years old) and she was like "put some right in those bushes so I can find them easy" I was like how old are you?! It was so funny. I was just waiting for her to shove some kids out of her way to get the eggs before them.. It was weird! But after the activity me and my comp and this other missionary along with 2 members went and played basketball! It was so much fun. There were a bunch of Albanians playing... and they aren't that good... but we wasted them!! We would play like 5 on 5 full court and we would just beat every team they would put together it was so fun! It was really nice to play a proper game of basketball that was probably my first actually game of basketball my whole mission it was so much fun! 

So then on Sunday we had a great day at church and had a few of our investigators in church so that was nice. Then after we got invite to a lunch by the senior couple that work in the office with us and they made us like a "pass over lunch" which was really yummy! It was a cleaver idea. Then we were invited by an American family that works for the embassy to have dinner at there house! It was so cool and so great to have a nice AMERICAN dinner for Easter! It was awesome! 

Still loving it here! 
 Elder Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment