Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Thursday, April 27, 2017

I am happy here in Albania! (4/24/17)

I was trying to take a selfie with Tirana in the background 
but some dude got in the way 
This week was probably one of the most busiest weeks of my entire mission. I know I say that a lot but I just feel like I am getting busier and busier each week! It is really great though I am still loving it so much! Okay so at the beginning of the week we were street contacting but it just didn't really feel like that is what we should be doing.. So I asked my comp what else we could do.. so we both start throwing out idea's and I say a prayer in my head asking what we should do, then it just kind of leads to us decided to go visit this members family that we have visited a couple times before. The member just moved to Switzerland so we wanted to go see how the family was doing.. So we go over there and the entire family is there, which is the first time! (normally when we go over we just end up teaching the member and her mom) But this time her brother and her dad were there and participated in the little FHE we put on! It was such a blessing! At the end of the night we knew that that is where we needed to be that night and we were grateful we listened to the Spirit which took us there. And later we talked to the member that lives in Switzerland and she said it was an answer to her prayers as well it was such a neat experience. 
So then after that this week was just week... A lot of administrative work I guess but it was still good. So we had transfers so we had to drive people places and carry luggage around and arrange people to be taken to there new area it is always fun.. Also the Sister from my MTC group, Sister Willey, finished her mission last week so we had an exit dinner with her and then that night at 3 AM we took her to the airport! It was SO WEIRD seeing her leave. It put into perspective how much longer I have... But I am not thinking about that :) 
Then we had Zone Conference in Tirana which was good fun. It is always great to have a bunch of missionaries gather together ha as well I loving giving trainings so that is always a great time!! Then that night we had another dinner for a new missionary from Tirana that is starting his mission! It was a lot of fun.
The Wreck!!
Later in the week we drove to Kosovo to give a Zone Conference there as well! When we got there we went to this place that sells Himalayan food that is SO GOOD. Back when I lived in Kosovo I used to go there all the time. So like, when I went back all the workers there remembered me haha. So like, I guess at the end of my mission I will be able to say a bunch of random food joints around Albania and Kosovo know who I am so like I had a successful mission right? Right. Anyway, it was way good in Kosovo! The Zone Conference there was really great! Okay crazy story time.. So on the way back from Kosovo we were driving on this highway and there was this huge semi truck full of dirt driving the opposite way, and it like ran into the barrier between the road and flipped over onto the side of the road that we were on! It was crazy! It happened like 30 meters ahead of us it was craaaaazy. We ended up sitting in are car for like 45 minutes because the dirt fell out of the truck and was covering the entire road it was crazy! You never really know what you are going to see next in this mission. 
He was a stud!
Anyway at the end of the week we were able to work in our area a lot which was really good. We also played Basketball, Volleyball and Football (soccer) with the branch which was fun! We met like the most famous freestyle soccer player in Albania he is sick! If you care at all you can look up his YouTube videos his name is Fabion Duro he was incredible. And on a side note, I would say my football skills are getting pretty good as well ;) But yeah, then we did some street contacting and stuff! It is amazing to see how much the Lord blesses us when we actually have time to do normal missionary work. I am convinced that even though I am in this area I still have the same chance or opportunities to meet and teach people as other missionaries do in normal areas. It is so cool! We met a really cool couple on Saturday and they both said that they really wanted to search to know if our message is true or not. They really seem humbled and down to earth and really prepared for the Gospel! 
Not much to say about church this week... I really like church here though. It is nice to be in like a functioning ward ha. My last areas I would pretty much like run the show every week ha but now I can kind of just sit back and enjoy it it is great. 
Anyway I am happy here in Albania it is going so great!! 

Love you all! 
Elder Farnworth


No comments:

Post a Comment