Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Friday, March 31, 2017

Transfers (3/20/17)

Scripture of the week! Omni 1:26 
"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea,come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

This week has been a good one! We had transfers so my time with Elder Rogers has come to an end :'( It has been such a great time with him I can't believe it is already over! Those 4 months just flew by man it is crazy. But my new companion's name is Elder Miller! He is a pretty cool guy I am pretty excited to work with him this transfer it is going to be loads of fun! 
Me, Elder Miller, and Elder Coka! 
(Albanian from Tirana that just started his mission)
Okay so at the beginning of the week we had transfers which is pretty crazy every time! Everyone just comes to the office and they are getting stuff and running around and it is crazy! Then on top of that we had to give a training to all of the District Leaders which was super good! Our President has really helped me to rely on the Spirit as I train and to really trust on the Spirit to guide my wards. So at the beginning of the training we were kind of talking about what the District Leaders need to do to best fulfill their calling and we ended up talking a lot about the importance of personal study. I was lead to read a quote from Preach My Gospel given by Boyd K Packer that says: “True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior.” And we talked about how if we want to become better leaders and better people it all starts in the morning, with our scripture study. If we want to become more like Christ we need to understand his doctrine and his word!
Elder Miller, Emiljo, Olsi, Me 
So the next day was pretty good as well, the new missionaries flew in! So we had to take them out to work for like their first day in the country. It was pretty fun! I called our recent convert, Olsi, and asked him to come and act like and investigator that has a bunch of questions and stuff so me and the new kid went and taught him it was really fun!! 
The rest of the week was pretty boring. We did a bunch of finding which was great! We spent hours and hours on the street street contacting so that was really fun as always ha. This transfer is going to be pretty fun I think with Elder Miller but we are really going to be working hard too! The other day it really hit me how fast my mission is going ha I don't have that much time left I gotta make ever second count!! 
A quilt we made for our recent convert, Olsi! 

Loves! Elder Farnworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment