Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Friday, March 31, 2017

Blessing on blessings (3/13/17)

These girl in our ward's sister brought us American food!!! 
This half week has been so awesome!! I know I just wrote a blog email like a few days ago but a lot has actually happened since then actually! It has been a great week. So last Thursday we had a meeting with our mission president where we discussed where each missionary will go for the next transfer. The meeting ended up taking 6 hours! It was crazy. I really like being with our president though he is such a spiritual man. At the beginning he was kind of just sharing with us some spiritual thought and stuff and that man is so great! He is so knowledgeable of the scriptures and everything it is so great to work with him he has taught me so much! 
So on Saturday we went over to this members house to have dinner. Her family is all Catholic and she is the only Mormon and a few missionaries have tried to come and teach them before but it wasn't that successful. So we went over and shared a spiritual thought about families and how important the family is and the mom loved it so much! The Spirit was so strong in the lesson it was awesome! And then on Sunday she came to church which was her first time in such a long time it was so awesome!! She told us that after the lesson that we had she could just feel the love of Christ in her house so much and that their family all prayed together and it felt so good for them it was awesome! I was like it was the spirit yo! She asked us if we could come to her house again to give her a blessing so we are going to do that this week it was so awesome! 
Also this week we were able to meet with these 3 really cool girls that had a ton of questions for us. They were really Muslim but were really respectful and open to what we had to say, it was awesome! There was one that I was talking to where the message of the Restoration just kind of clicked with her and she said that it just made so much sense it her. Then she got the Book of Mormon and asked me a bunch of questions about it and every time I would read something from the book I could just tell she felt the power of the words it was awesome! She really loved it. Then there was another girl that was asking us a lot of questions about life and what we believe after this life. When we taught her the plan of salvation she kind of just started crying but she didn't know why she was crying I was like I probably have an explanation why you are.. Anyway I guess it is kind of hard to explain the lesson just over email but it was a really powerful lesson. The Spirit was so strong. Then they ended up coming to church the next day as well and seemed to really like it! It was really cool. 
Also our recent convert, Olsi, got called to teach Sunday School! He was really excited about his lesson and prepared a bunch of scriptures and stuff for it it was so awesome. He invited his sister who wasn't a member to come to church and see him teach the lesson. He did such a good job with the lesson I was really really impressed!! It was so awesome. Then after church we had a lesson with him and his sister and she got really emotional during it and was like "I am so grateful for the change I have seen in my brother.. I thank God every day that he met you" And at that moment the Spirit really testified to me the blessing that the atonement really is in peoples lives and how important the work that I am doing truly is. I felt so good during that lesson. His sister is now working towards baptism so pray for her!! 

Last picture with the district 
This week was really awesome we truly have been so blessed throughout it. The sad part of it is that might time serving with Elder Rogers has come to an end! He is going to be transferred to Vlore and I will get a new companion called Elder Miller. It will be sad to see him go I have gotten really close with him but I am excited to serve with Elder Miller now! He is great.
I feel really blessed to be a missionary right now. I don't know who said it but someone said that missionaries are like the people at the front of the battle line.. so they are the ones that are equipped with the most weapons and the most protection. He compared it to the Spirit and how because we are missionaries we are equipped with the Spirit more abundantly and with tender mercies of the Lord. I have definitely seen that that is true. Week after week I am able to see the blessings that come from God. I love being a missionary!! 
Elder Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment