Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Week 1 in FIER (10/3/16)

This week was pretty hard actually. My first day in Fier I started feeling a sickness coming on then the next morning I was totally sick! It sucked! so I have been sick all week. And it didn't help that our water wasn't coming on for the first 3 days that I was in Fier. It was hard. But Fier is so awesome! I really do feel like I am in a new mission though. It is pretty crazy how different it is from Kosovo! Kosovo was pretty clean for the most part but Fier is pretty dirty. My shoes and clothes get really dirty by the end of the day. But it is great I love it. 
The members here are really nice people. They all were so friendly it was so very awesome! The Branch President here is such a great man. His name is President Gjika and he has such a sweet family. He only has one arm but he is such a baller! I rides his bike and goes on long runs all the time. His family had us over for lunch after church on Sunday. It was really good! They fed us traditional food which was SO good. I haven't had good traditional Albanian food for a while so it was really good to be able to have that! I was so stuffed afterwards. 
The coolest part of the week was this thing that happened with our investigator name Klodi. He lives far out in a village and he told us to come meet him. When we got out to his village we didn't know where his house was so we tried to call him and his phone was off! It was really creepy in the village but I was totally down for the adventure so we decided to look for his house! And after much searching and walking down sketchy paths we found it! It was so awesome we were able to meet him and his kids it was so great!  And we had such an awesome lesson here. Definitely was a HUGE hand of the Lord in our work this week. 
I am excited to work in Fier! It is definitely a lot different from Prishtina but I still think it will be great. 


Elder Farni

*Jacob left his camera in a taxi so no pictures til his new camera gets there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment