Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Friday, January 29, 2016

Loving every minute! (1/25/16)

Sunshine all week!
We went on a fun hike.
This was a pretty exciting week! We were blessed that it stopped raining, we had sunshine all week! It is pretty warm in the day but it gets really cold at night. Anyway, so last week we went to meet with this family.. They weren't really interested in the Gospel but they were really nice people so we just talked to them for a long time it was nice! Their uncle, was like crazy smart. He was really really good at math. He shared some riddles with us, and I have heard all of them before so I would act like I was thinking about the answer for a long time then I would answer and he was like "wow you are really smart!" but I really just knew the answer from when I heard them before.. Sneaky :) 
Our car is still in the shop from when we got in an accident so we have to walk everywhere.. So we walked to this members house and it took us an hour
This is the girl I baptized
and the guy we were trying to meet with wasn't even there!! It is hard to coordinate with people when no one has cell phones. But it was actually fine we were able to have a lesson with his wife and his parents so that was great. Then we walked an hour back to get home, it was actually really pretty. We were away from the city so we could see all of the starts it was super pretty!
I'm wearing a traditional Albanian hat
The next day we went on a really cool hike with some of the youth and we cleaned up trash and stuff in the forest! It was fun to see everyone serve then play games then share some spiritual thoughts afterwards.
These are the most intense bumper cars ever!
On Saturday I was able to baptize this girl that the Sister Missionaries were teaching. It was such an amazing experience! My first time baptizing someone. Except it was challenging because the water barely came to my knee so it took me a couple of times to get her all the way under. But the Spirit was there and it is so amazing to see the church strengthen. 

The language is coming slowly but surely! Everyone asks me where I am from and I try to throw them off and tell them that I am Albanian but no one believes me ha. But I am learning every day and I know that the Lord is always right there to help me with that and everything else. I love the work so much! 
Thank you for everything love you all!Elder Farnworth 



This is a typical building that we tract.


Because I miss my Mom, it says "kisses from Mom"


No comments:

Post a Comment