Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Touring Europe with the Fam (10/9/17-10)


Editors note* First stop on the way to picking up Jacob was in Greece. We loved it so much but we were so excited to see our boy! We felt like kids the night before Christmas!!
I loved seeing my family so much! It was such a uniqe experience to have
them come and pick me up.. Something I will never forget! Seeing them come
through the gates in the Tirana Airport was amazing.


With a member we call Gjyshi! (Grandpa)

In my last area, Pogradec

First few days in Albania we spent having lunch with my Mission President
and going around to meet some of the members!


Second part of the trip we were off to Kosovo! It was a long drive but a lot of
fun. We had a wonderful Turkish meal at my favorite place, got a tour of the
church building and the mosque's.. and had the chance to spend the evening
with the branch president in Kosovo, President Teli!

The last stop was Macedonia. We only had a little time to stop, grab lunch with
the missionaries serving there and do some sight seeing. It was awesome!



Our next stop was Italy.. We left Albania early in the morning and my emotions
got the best of me. It was one of the hardest things to get on that plane and leave
the country I have grown to love so much over the past two years. It is an
indescribable feeling. However, Rome was amazing, it was great to see the Temple,
do a LOT of sight seeing, and of course, having McDonalds for the first time :)
In the Vatican!

The Rome Temple


After Rome it was off to Sweden! It was so awesome to go and see Kalebs
mission and to get a glimpse of what his mission life was like. All and all it
was a wonderful trip!! I loved seeing my family and touring Europe with them.











Towards the end of the trip, everyone was sad that it was coming to an end.. But for me, going back to America was the big exclamation mark to what was a great trip. I loved seeing my family at the airport and seeing Zac and Makail who weren't able to come on the trip and I especially loved meeting my niece Isla. Glad to be home!!


Picture from my homecoming: It was so great to have friends from the mission
there as well as my old Mission President, President and Sister Weidmann!!




No comments:

Post a Comment