Address

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION
Elder Jacob Farnworth
PO Box 2984
Bulivardi "Gjergj Fishta"
Qendra "Alpas," Shkalla #5, Apt #14
Tirana, Albania

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Floods and Bazookas (8/8/16)

Remember how last week I said that there was a huge flood on Monday? Well there was another one! It was pretty insane. We walked outside of the internet cafe and there was like a ton of rain again and like more flooding I was like flip. So I was just planning on booking it to the church and getting drench, but right when I stepped outside there was this lightning strike literally right above the building across the street so I was like FLIP! And like ran back inside haha. Then I saw a taxi and I ran to it and just jumped in without even checking if anyone else was in it and he drove us to the church safely haha it was so crazy. 
North Zone and South Zone leaders represent!!!! 

Then we drove to Tirana on Tuesday for another meeting. It was pretty fun! We have been driving a ton this transfer it has been insane. But a lot of fun I really like driving. When we got in Tirana we hung out with the AP's then went to the meeting the next day which was really good! But then I drove back to Prishtina after and I was sooooooo tired. I like got in Prishtina and just wanted to die. I could barely keep my eyes open the whole night holy cow. So I went to bed pretty early that night but it was great!! 

My boy Islam getting ready for his mission! ;) 
Then we gave our Zone Training on Friday! We still are trying to figure out how to do all of this zone leader stuff so for the training we just like, watched a video adn then did some role plays and called it good!! Just kidding.. We actually gave a good training and stuff it was really good and inspiring. (We still did watch a film and did some role plays)


Damage done to the parliament 
So Friday night, I was in my bed and I heard a loud "boom" noise. So I go out to see if it was lightning and thunder but there wasn't a cloud in the sky.. So I just like went to bed but then the next day I found out that someone had shot the parliament in Prishtina with a bazooka!! I guess the government here is like giving some land to Montenegro and people are not happy about that, obviously. We also almost got caught in the middle of a protest! We had to run away back to the church to get out of it ha it was crazy. And there are a few protest planned this week that we are going to have to avoid. So yeah, just a pretty boring average week here in the life of a missionary in Kosovo :)

Love you all!! 
Elder Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment